8.10.2012

Here fishy, fishy

When I was little and would go fishing at my lake I would always say the same thing over and over again in hopes that a little fish might come on my hook.  It went something like this - fishy, fishy in the lake, please come and bite my bait. 

These days I dont go fishing anymore but I sure would like to have some fish in my house in the form of wallpaper. 

de Gournay fishes


design by Katie Ridder photo by Eric Paisecki

Osborne and Little Nina Campbell


LA Times photo by Christina House

Is this rounded staircase with the de Gournay Fishes wallpaper and that crystal ship chandelier not the most awesome thing?  It looks like you are walking inside an actual fish tank!

Washington Post photo by Tracy A. Woodward





My favorite being the one I can't afford, of course. The hand painted de Gournay paper from Katie Ridder's (my idol BTW) bathroom is breathtaking.  To me it really isn't regular old wallpaper, it's a work of art. I'd love to win the lottery to have it in my home one day!


And just when I thought it couldnt get any worse...MONKEYS!


I die.

It reminds me of this little guy I met in Sri Lanka.  I really wanted to take him home with me.



My life will not be complete till I have fish, monkeys and my favorite elephants, in my house!!


11 comments:

p-l-a-i-d said...

I think having fish wallpaper in a small bathroom/powder room is so fitting! Have a great weekend!

Daily Cup of Couture said...

LOVE this idea! I think I may need this in a powder room in my home someday - especially since my last name is Fisher :) xx

Kwana said...

I like the fun fish. Cute.

Kwana said...

I like the fun fish. Cute.

Hannah said...

LOVE. I need a monkey in my life too.

Kim said...

That first blue fish bathroom is GORGEOUS!! have a great weekend! xo

StagerLinda said...

All that fish wallpaper is crazy! I've never seen it. Love the action of those crazy, colorful, swimming fish. It makes me smile.

pve design said...

...and what a menagerie you shall have!
pve

The Pink Pagoda said...

All your images are crazy gorgeous, but the first is my fave. That bathroom is out of this world amazing!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

It's like living in an aquarium with fish that you don't have to forget to feed. And your monkey friend reminds me of the "baby monkey riding on a pig" video that became a youtube sensation. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should. It's hilarious!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

wowza - the de gournay fishys are just almost ethereal. so beautiful!