2.08.2010

Tile and more tile

My parents are in the process of possibly picking out new tile for the bathrooms in their house.  Of course I have to give my two cents, so here are a few pretty inspiration pics of ideas I had in my head.

I think I have a thing for white bathrooms with carrera marble...I might need a carrera marble intervention

 I know my parents don't love lots and lots of white, so the above bathroom has nice color added in with all the pretty tile.

I don't really love the sinks here, but I do love the tile and how it goes most of the way up the wall.  This could get really expensive, so doing a half wall would be more economical.

 
Round tiles would be fun in the kids bathroom for the floor.  I love the marble subway tiles here too, but to save money I might nix the tiles on the wall and use plain white subway tiles in the shower/bath area. I also like the look of the sink area here, the legs give it that furniture look which is pretty. 

 
I'm sure my parents are going to nix this idea right away, but I just love the checker board pattern.

  
Love this one!  Dark floor next to the marble tile shower is delish.  Also love the double vanity- totally key in a master bath

  
Pretty tile here too.  I might do without the tile border though, since the room is not really rectangle it would just look odd iwth all the angles

  
A little change from all the white above-  I love the gray color here and the size of the tiles.

  
Same bathroom as above- this shows the smaller tile on the floor.  Dad, I like how the same tile is used in the shower and out, it makes for a seamless look,  especially since the shower is the first thing you see when you walk into the bathroom

  
More plain white subway tile and marble together- would look good with a dark wood vanity as well.

 Love the color combo here.

  
Loving this shower door
 
Stefanie over at a Brooklyn Limestone has quite the eye- I am in love with her whole house but the bathrooms might be my favorite.  Just look at that floor...swoon

 
Here is another bathroom in her house- love the basket-weave floor and the shower door- such a clean crisp look here. 

OK, so I guess I really have a white/gray marble thing...don't hate me.


Photos from:Coastal Living, House and Home photo by James Tse, House and Home photo by Janis Nicolay,  House and Home photo by Angus McRitchie, House Beautiful,  Melanie Elston,  Southern Exposure Blog, Sunset Magazine, Traditional Home design by Missy Connolly, Decorpad, and the last two photos are the bathrooms in A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress's home.

27 comments:

Audreya said...

Despite the fact that I CAN NOT WAIT to rip the tile of my kitchen counter tops, I actually really love tile when it's used properly. We're in the process of trying to decide about a back splash. I'm in love with subway tiles, so of course all those pics were my favorite on this post. My challenge is finding a subway tile back splash that's affordable and does look kitchen-y and not bathroom-y. It's proving harder than I thought...

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Beautiful! How could you not LOVE that marble...big fan here :)

pve design said...

We did our baths, used marble for the floor, love it today as much as 8 years ago, all white fixtures and white tile- easy on the eyes.
I also love thassos marble (spelling?)
pve

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm not typically a glass door gal...but that 11th photo is AMAZING!

Kelly Green said...

love marble in a bathroom - great selection of photos too! That chequered floor is fab! KG

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Some great images but my favorite is the one with the dark wood floor. I am working on my kitchen and am finding all of the tile options a bit overwhelming!

Chic Coles said...

Love this tile as well. I especially love the blue-ish tinted tile.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love all of the marble tile!

Blayne Macauley said...

I vote for the basket weave on the floor in the last bathroom. It is so timeless. It will be beautiful for years to come.

alison giese Interiors said...

Those are ALL drool-worthy, but I think I have a soft spot for Mrs. Limestone's - the basketweave floor is to DIE for!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

All beautiful, love Mrs. Limeston's floors! I would just love to (someday, my house) design a very classic bathroom with a bit of modern thrown in and carrera marble has to be part of the plan. Janell

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

in love with marble too! the basket-weave floor is on my list of favs.

xo,
cristin

Stephanie Sabbe said...

your new blog layout is lookin' good. I need help. I love those vessel bowls that you don't like:) I like everything you posted. Very classic

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Oooo me too! Me too! These are absolutely gorgeous! love them all!

Anonymous said...

these are great for inspiration! I just helped my parents renovate their bathroom and have to get some good after shots to post. so fun!

um, are you watching The Bachelor right now? this is ridiculous!

Haven and Home said...

I am obsessed with Carrera marble, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have a grey/white Carrera marble thing, too! I am all over this one!!! Be sure to tell us what your parents decide!

Laura Trevey said...

I am completely in love with the top photo. The artwork displayed in a line at the top is fabulous!!

Great idea!!!
xoxo

paula said...

such a pretty post. I hope one day to have marble too, sigh.

Doug Davis said...

if having a carrara marble addicition is wrong, I don't want to be right :) seriously though, it looks good and expensive and luxurious EVERY time, no matter where you put it. great images...

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

oooo, i love them all!

Lisa Porter said...

So pretty....sigh....ok you know, I have to say i'm a crisp white bath kind of girl but the cream is so soft and looks so established like it's been beautifully that way forever.
I too love Limestone's renovation! Have added LEB to my new list of "beautiful blogs" to keep up with more regularly.
Have a great week.
Lisa

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I do want a white marble bathroom one day- but no white marble on the floors (I have dark brown hair)!

Southern Aspirations said...

oh my goodness you have some fantastic examples here!!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

These are all gorgeous! I love the little chandelier in the 2nd one, and of course Brooklyn Limestone's bathrooms - that woman has major style!

Dayka Robinson said...

Yum. Bathroom goodness . . .

Lauren said...

I think we have very similar tastes! I am finally at the point of redoing our master bath and my requirements are a lot of white marble oversized 'bricks' - an exaggerated subway tile look - and a bit of either dark brown or warm gray marble, plus a tiny bit of light blue. If that turns out to be too much $, we're going with good 'ol subway tile, plus a marble countertop.

Regardless, your photos are very helpful for me re. layout, etc! Thank you!